Health & Safety
Hy-Kleen of Warwick is an IOSH Certified Commercial and Industrial cleaning company established over 40 years.
It is essential that all work carried out is of the highest standard and therefore Hy-Kleen take Health & Safety very seriously:
- Method statements and risk assessments will be provided for all periodic works, safe systems of work and method statements will be provided for all daily cleaning tasks.
- COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health) information sheets will be kept within our site manual in the cleaner’s cupboard.
- All chemical containers will conform to the CHIP regulations on labelling.
- A copy of our Health & Safety policy will be provided in our site manual.
- All equipment shall be PAT tested as required by health and safety.
- Staff wear PPE where appropriate and are uniformed.
- Safety signage/barriers are also used where appropriate.
- Self-powered cleaning equipment is fitted with warning beacons and overhead guards where appropriate.
- All high level works requiring the use of access equipment shall be carried out by fully trained personnel with IPAF and or PASMA certificates who shall wear the correct personal protective equipment.
- Where there are 15 members of the cleaning team and there is no 1st aider available on site during the cleaning time, we will train a member of our team to comply with health and safety.
- We report accidents and keep records under RIDDOR ’95.
- Colour coded equipment is used in applicable areas.
- Induction training for all staff takes place at the beginning of the contract and on-going training is recorded on staff training record forms which are kept at our offices.